Directions ~ To Hawk by Automobile ~ From New York and New Jersey
From your location within Manhattan, take the DiMaggio Highway (West Side Highway)/Henry Hudson Parkway North and follow the signs for I-95 North. If you are originating in New Jersey, follow the New Jersey Turnpike/I-95 North through the toll sections, past the New York Metropolitan area and into Connecticut.
Proceed on I-95 North to I-91 North. Drive directly North on I-91 and get off at Exit 6 for "Rockingham, VT". At the end of the exit ramp, take a Left onto Rt. 103 North and drive 24 miles through the town of Ludlow to the intersection with Rt. 100 North. Turn Right on Rt. 100 North and proceed for 5 miles where you will see the entrance for Hawk Inn and Mountain Resort on your Right.
Approximate travel time: 5 hours from the New York Metropolitan Area
Hawk Tip: Do you live in Manhattan and not have a car? After all, sometimes the only time you have use for one is when you need that periodic escape to the country. The following rental agencies service Manhattan:
Places of Interest Along the Way
I-91 will bring you near a few cultural attractions that may help break-up the trip, including:
- Mark Twain House, Hartford, CT
- Dinosaur State Park, Rocky Hill, CT
- Connecticut Trolley Museum, East Windsor, CT
- Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield, MA
- Emily Dickinson Homestead, Amherst, MA
- Forbes Library—contains a special collection on President Calvin Coolidge so you can do some research before you visit Hawk in his hometown of Plymouth, Northampton, MA
Also see these directions from other points of departure:
Back to Hawk by Automobile
For more information, or to make reservations, please call (802) 672-3811. Or click here for more contact information.
Back to top