Directions ~ To Hawk by Automobile ~ From Long Island, Connecticut and Western Massachusetts
From your location on Long Island or in southern Connecticut, proceed on I-95 North to I-91 North. Drive directly North on I-91 and get off at Exit 6 for "Rockingham, VT".
At the end of the exit ramp, take a Left onto Rt. 103 North and drive 24 miles through the town of Ludlow to the intersection with Rt. 100 North. Turn Right on Rt. 100 North and proceed for 5 miles where you will see the entrance for Hawk Inn and Mountain Resort on your Right.
Approximate travel time: 5.5 hours from Long Island, 4 hours from Stamford, CT, 2.5 hours from Hartford, CT, and 2 hours from Springfield, MA.
If you live in central or eastern Long Island, the Port Jefferson to Bridgeport Ferry may serve as your fastest means of reaching I-91.
Places of Interest Along the Way
I-91 will bring you near a few cultural attractions that may help break-up the trip, including:
- Mark Twain House, Hartford, CT
- Dinosaur State Park, Rocky Hill, CT
- Connecticut Trolley Museum, East Windsor, CT
- Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield, MA
- Emily Dickinson Homestead, Amherst, MA
- Forbes Library—contains a special collection on President Calvin Coolidge so you can do some research before you visit Hawk in his hometown of Plymouth, Northampton, MA
- Joseph Allen Skinner Museum, South Hadley, MA
Also see these directions from other points of departure:
Back to Hawk by Automobile
For more information, or to make reservations, please call (802) 672-3811. Or click here for more contact information.
Back to top